We are in full swing of the holiday season, and many Hispanic moms like myself know that. We are whipping up family favorite recipes that have been a tradition in our homes for many years. And while most may be warming up with a cup of hot chocolate, in many Hispanic homes we are having a cup of Rompope.
Rompope is the Mexican version of Egg Nog, just as delicious. I will be sharing an easy recipe with you so that you can try my version of Rompope with ingredients such as Lechera that are staples in Hispanic households throughout Mexico and here in the U.S.
Growing up, my moms pantry was always stocked with Nestlé® La Lechera®Sweetened Condensed Milk, today I know why. La Lechera is tradition and quality and anything you make with it, is guaranteed to create unforgettable family bonding moments, and your recipe will be a favorite at every gathering!
If you’ve never tried NESTLÉ® La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk, make sure you stop by the Hispanic Foods aisle at your local Walmart and pick up a can or two, at only $1.47 each makes it a pretty sweet deal!
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 NESTLÉ® La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz. Can
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- Rum, to your taste
- Soak the almonds in boiling water and then peel them. Blend with a little milk until smooth and without lumps.
- Heat the milk in a large pot. Add La Lechera and almond mixture. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it becomes thick. Once this happens remove pot from heat.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the rum, then add them little by little, to the milk mixture. Do not stop stirring until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Let cool in the pot and then store in a glass bottle. Store in refrigerator.
Share your recipe creations with Nestlé® La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk using the hashtags #unidosconlalechera #unidoslalechera.