Global music sensation Shakira might be best known for her big music hits and dance moves, but she is also passionate about motherhood. And understanding the tools needed for raising healthy and happy kids, she also wants to make sure that other moms across the globe have access to the resources they need as well. Therefore, she has decided to collaborate with Fisher-Price and a group of globally renown experts from top foundations around the world on a brand new early childhood development app tool called GROW. The app is free for iOS and Android, and is available in Spanish and English, and features tips customized to a child’s age to foster early childhood development from birth and through age five as well as a timeline feature to track developmental tools.
GROW is a true passion project for Shakira and she is looking forward to helping bring information from the best minds in early childhood development to parents from all walks of life in a free, easy-to-use app. What’s so unique about the GROW app as compared to other apps that function similarly is that they tend to focus either on baby or school aged children. GROW is the only app that spans from birth to five years. Additionally, GROW puts early childhood development experts at your fingertips—a luxury not all parents had until now.
- 2,000+ developmental tips and activities related to social skills, physical develpoment, thinking skills and congnitive development, creativity, communication and more!
- Milestone tracker to follow your child’s development and record their achievements.
- Timeline to track your child’s milestone progress. Add all the details about what your child did today/tomorrow/the next day, with notes and photos.
- Social sharing. Select your favorite tips or photos of your child’s milestone achievements from the timeline, to share with family and friends through Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram or email.
- Personalize your child’s profile page with color and photos. More than one child? Add them all!
- Easy search function to learn more about what might be coming next for your child’s age and stage.
- And more!
In addition to the app, Shakira is also coordinating with Fisher-Price on a toy line geared towards the baby/toddler set called “Kira.” One of the fun items that is part of the collection is the Shakira First Steps Collection Move n Groove Soccer Ball. I would love to offer one lucky reader one of the Move n’ Groove Soccer Balls! Just keep on reading and enter below!
Get baby moving ’n grooving with a musical soccer ball, designed in partnership with Shakira to encourage baby’s development!
Soft soccer ball encourages active, motor skill-building play with silly sounds and 11 original global music tunes inspired by music from around the world! Friendly, soft-fabric ball is easy for baby to grasp, bat, roll, toss and kick—with bright colors, touchable textures and musical sounds to help stimulate baby’s senses, too.
When it comes to baby’s development, the early years are the most important. Each play experience is an opportunity for baby to explore the world around them, taking it all in, learning, doing, and discovering new things along the way. The Shakira First Steps Collection encourages baby’s well-rounded development, helping baby get ready for their first steps—and beyond!
• Soft fabric ball—just the right size and texture for baby to grasp, bat, roll, toss and kick
• Responds to baby with silly sounds and fun music, introducing cause & effect
• 2 musical modes & 11 tunes
• Encourages motor skill development, balance and coordination through active, physical play
• Helps stimulate baby’s senses of sight, sound, and touch
• Machine washable (with electronics removed)
• Requires batteries