Easter is upon us and marks the culmination of Lent and a joyful celebration with family and friends. Whether you get into the spirit by making baskets of yummy treats to delight your children or participate in an Easter egg hunt with colorful cascarones, food is always the highlight! What’s a springtime celebration without a scrumptious menu to enjoy while relaxing during an afternoon with familia y amigos?
Vive Mejor has provided a few recipe ideas that can be easily prepared for Easter, so you can enjoy a delicious meal with family and friends and spend more time with the ones you love.
I will be sharing with you a Ancho Chili Beef & Vegetable soup to get you started, you can find the other delicious recipes in the links below at ViveMejor.com
Ancho Chili Beef & Vegetable Soup
- Recipe Serves8
- Preparation Time20 min
- Cooking Time1 hr 40 min
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. ground ancho chile pepper*
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion and corn about 4 minutes or until corn starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, tomato paste, ground chili pepper about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in water and Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, return beef to saucepot and simmer covered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and tomato and simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
For more dishes and recipe inspiration, like Locro, Cilantro Pork with Sweet Potato Rice or Harvest Apple-Cranberry Crisp visit ViveMejor.com and share your delicious family meals using the hashtag #VMEaster.