It’s almost football season, that time of the year where families get together to root for their favorite team. And whether you go out to view it live or at home, one thing we cannot go without are appetizers. Appetizers are everyone’s favorite part of any football watch party! They help fill-up everyone up and calm the nerves. Here’s a fun recipe that you can whip up in no time before the game: Football Shaped Cheese Dip.
This recipe is so easy anyone (even the kids) can make it! Get them in on this fun recipe by helping you add the toppings. This can be made an hour before the game or even the night before so it is ready to go. It also transports very easily if you are traveling to a party – just put it on a serving tray and covered it with plastic wrap. Serve with crackers, mini pretzels or celery sticks.
- 2 packages (8oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can (10oz) Diced Tomatoes & Chopped Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Real Bacon Bits
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds, Roasted & Salted
- 1 Green Onion cut into thin strips (or mozzarella cheese strips)
- Mini-pretzels and crackers or celery strips to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, drained can of tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and the chopped green onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove mixture from bowl and place onto a serving plate, giving it the shape of a football.
- Press bacon bits and sunflower seeds evenly on top and on sides of cheese football. Place the green onion strips on top of the cheese football to resemble the laces on a football.
- Serve with mini pretzels, crackers and or celery strips.
You can find all your football viewing party needs at Big Lots, including the ingredients needed for this recipe. Head on over to the refrigerated and snack section at Big Lots to find big savings on all your favorite items.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me in collaboration with Big Lots Latino. All opinions expressed are my own.