Matt Damon is back on the big screen and this time he’s bringing with him the popular Chilean-born actor Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Narcos) in Universal Pictures’ upcoming film The Great Wall. Prepare for an adventure that tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure.
In celebration of this release on February 17 we are counting down 5 important tips to make your trip to The Great wall, one of the most recognizable symbols of China, even more memorable. Here you go:
1. Make sure you pick the right season as Winter and Summer have extreme temperature conditions.
2. Plan your trip ahead of time! Make sure to research hotels and different options for lodging. Make a plan on the different areas of the wall you plan to visit. Lastly, plan and check for transportation to The Great Wall; remember the wall is huge and over 13,170 miles long.
3. If possible, find a great travel guide to make the whole experience easier.
4. Plan to take a hiking trip to soak up the scenery.
5. Visit the Mutianyu section of The Great Wall. This area is one of the most popular sections of the wall but also less crowded making it one of the best options to visit with breathtaking scenery.
Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China. The Great Wall also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau.
The film will be released in 3D by Universal Pictures on February 17.